Subtle Body Anatomy Yoga 200hr Training
Yoga Alliance Registered
2019 - 2020
Number of Modules: 10 modules, total of 23 days.
Meeting times & location: Yoga Meon, Ballisodare, and Blaney Spa Centre, Enniskillen
14 -15 September
19 - 20 October
23 - 24 November
11 - 12 January
8 - 9 February
14 - 15 March
16 - 17 May
5 - 10 July (5 day retreat)
19 - 20 September
Investment € 2500.- Includes all tuition, a manual, retreat accommodation and meals. Early bird of €2250 if paid in full before commencement of the course.
The purpose of this training is to share with you the knowledge of our innate human, natural biology; the energetic principles that are the foundation of our human experience, and how we might work with these to balance and reverse patterns of dis-ease and stress, of body and mind. It is a non-dogmatic, experience based learning. The purpose is to give you the tools to develop a yoga practice from the foundation of the underlying energetic principles of Subtle Body Anatomy; the Vayu’s, Nadi’s, Chakras, and Koshas, and to understand how these can be used in teaching, if that is your intention. Understanding these principles and their effects informs the physical practice, as well as ones personal and spiritual growth, and teaching. The course emphazises a deep personal understanding, application and demonstration of aspects of Subtle Body Anatomy physiology and psychology, in other words, the mind-body connection, in real life; for mental/emotional balance, balanced relationships, personal and spiritual fulfillment.
You'll be certified to teach a set number of preparation work based the Subtle Body Anatomy Yoga body of work, as well as yoga asana / postures, and sequences founded on those principles.
- Subtle Body Anatomy Yoga
- Pranayama and Breathwork
- Subtle Body Anatomy: Principles and functions of the Chakras, Vayus, Nadis & Koshas
- Physiology as it relates to Subtle Body Anatomy, in the musculoskeletal-, neurological-, respiratory-, digestive-, and endocrine systems, as well as related organs and meridians.
- Restorative yoga practices; specific purpose and methods.
- Subtle Body Psychology; investigating the body - mind - emotion connection in real life
- Deep Guided Meditation; connecting with the Self.
- Professional Practice; Purpose, Service, Being a Teacher, Dharma, Responsibilities, Awareness
- Teaching Methodology: Principles of teaching; Purpose, intention, service, dharma, inspiration, health, safety, community.
- Teaching Methodology: Principles of Subtle Body Anatomy, sequencing, language, voice, intention, clarity, communication, service, reading energy, modifications; are you actually achieving the results you set out to deliver. Is your intention, actions, choices, communication, and the results of these in alignment, in actual reality?
What will i learn?
You'll become knowledgeable in Yoga’s Subtle Body Anatomy; Chakra, Vayu, Nadi and Kosha and their related physiological, spiritual and psychological aspects in musculoskeletal-, neurological-, digestive -, respiratory-, and endocrine functions.
You'll learn how, and why, to structure your own practice as well as how to teach from an integrated understanding of Subtle Body Anatomy principles and perspectives with specific results.
You'll experience the value of a regular meditation and listening inward, and increase your awareness and intuition of self and others.
You'll expand your knowledge about the fundamental philosophy of Yoga and Vedanta, and the application of these in one's practice and path. This is not a dogmatic teaching, but simply effective tools for exploring the human condition.
You'll learn the Sanskrit words for the postures taught on the course.
You'll be able to teach a class based on Subtle Body Anatomy principles for specific outcomes, such as balancing, strengthening, grounding, restorative.
You'll be able to teach led classes in basic meditation and breathing techniques
Students are required to have a minimum of 2 years of regular yoga and meditation practice
The course consists of 23 tuition days through 9 x 2 day modules, and 1 x 5 day retreat. The 2 day modules are saturdays and sundays from 8am - 6pm, and the retreat takes place over 5 days, with at least 8 contact hours / day.
Certificate of completion of the training is awarded to those that successfully pass the ongoing assessment, exams, and papers. Continuous communication as to progress is maintained with all students.